Status of my application

editado July 19 em English

ado I submitted my application for citizenship through grandparent on 30 March 2023 (15 months ago) and have heard nothing about the status of my application process. Please help. My application process code number is 12[removed]-23.

Comentários

• @aateixeira

That is business as usual. The whole citizenship process as a grandchild of a Portuguese citizen (1D) is currently taking more than 3 years.

Nothing happens to it for a long time. You can google translate the specific thread about granchildren to see how similar requests are evolving.

https://forum.cidadaniaportuguesa.com/discussion/9702/atribuicao-de-nacionalidade-para-netos-lei-37-81-atualizada-2020-22-processos-e-acompanhamento#latest

E.g. people who sent their applications in Sept 2021 are just reportng now some initial movement in their requests. Use that timeframe to calibrate your expectations.

One thing to keep an eye on is where your request is being processed. Sometimes they are transferred from the "Conservatoria dos Registros Centrais" in Lisbon to another place. That info will be just below your request number on the status website. Bear in mind that there have been many delays in updating that website.

Entre ou Registre-se para fazer um comentário.