Expedite the process for husbands nationality

editado June 3 em English

I am seeking advice regarding the status of my husband’s nationality application, process number 137xx / 2024, submitted under the regime of nationality acquisition through marriage.

We have been married for 16 years, and our son and I are Portuguese citizens. Recently, my husband received a job transfer offer to Europe from his employer, Dell Technologies, which is contingent on the successful completion of his nationality application.

Additionally, our family is currently facing difficulties in India. Our son does not hold the status of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), which limits his residency and work options in the country. As the primary breadwinner, it is crucial for us to move to Europe where my husband’s job opportunity awaits, and where our family can reside more comfortably given our Portuguese nationality.

I have checked the status of the application online, which indicates that the verification process has been completed. I am considering requesting that the final steps of his application be expedited and would appreciate any advice on how to proceed. If there are specific steps or documentation that could help accelerate the process, I would be grateful for your guidance.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Comentários

• @deepti

First, the bad news. It is nearly impossible to expedite your husband‘s process. The Portuguese organization responsible has collapsed, it would take them months to even get to this request. Nevertheless, if you want to try, what you need is a letter from this prospective employer, clearly stating the job offer is contingent on your husband becoming a EU citizen.

Now the good news. As a Portuguese citizen, you enjoy freedom of movement within the EU. And that is extensive to your family, but they need to apply. Not ideal, but it is a solution, unless the employer absolutely demands EU citizenship. Here what you need to do is contact the consulate of the country where you intend to live.

Entre ou Registre-se para fazer um comentário.